Smoothies are the best way to get more greens into your diet. I love making Green Smoothies, especially for breakfast. The recipe is simple to prepare. I hope this delicious recipe will be a favorite of yours, too.
In previous years, when I first started making smoothies. They would either be way too sweet, bitter, or leafy (way too much kale, Yuck)! Throughout the years, after many attempts, I’ve learned a thing or two about making smoothies. I enjoy making them and trying new ingredients along the way. Today, I want to share one of my favorites. It consist of basic ingredients and takes less time to prepare.
- Vegetables are high in potassium, helps to lower blood pressure
- They consist of fiber which fills you up quickly
- high in antioxidants to support a healthy heart
Healthy tip: freeze your vegetables, it’ll last longer. You won’t have to worry about the leafy greens spoiling.
HOW TO MAKE THIS GREEN SMOOTHIE
To make this smoothie, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- Frozen Bananas (I usually buy 2 bunches of bananas. We know, bananas can go bad quickly. I’ll peel all of them, break into chunks and put them in ziplock bags. Place them in the freezer, it even addsa great creamy texture)
- Frozen Pineapple (high in Vitamin C, which helps build immune system, antoxidants, and calcium. Just to name a few)
- Spinach (aids in detoxification, rich in proteins and vitamins)
- Flaxseeds (a great source of fiber, especially to support digestive and anti-inflammatory with omega-3 fatty-acids)
- Teami Greens Superfoods (in one scoop you can 16 different types of superfood nutrients, meet your daily intake of veggies)
- Non-dairy beverage (I only use Almond milk, but if you’re allergic to almonds. Any other type of non-dairy product would work: Coconut, Cashew or Hemp milk).
- Optional: You can use a flavored or unflavored plant-based protein powder. I recommend Orgain Organic Protein. Vanilla protein powder adds a nice flavor to this smoothie.
All you need to make this smoothie is a blender. One that blends well, I personally use Magic Bullet. I enjoy using it for smoothies (and other recipes) to blend “smoothly” as possible without chunks or grit. Add all ingredients into the blender and it works its magic. Easy and simple!
Pineapple Green Smoothie
A creamy, refreshing smoothie to support gut health and strengthen the immune system.
- 1 ripe banana (you may use an unripe banana for a lesser sweet taste)
- 1 cup of pineapple
- 1 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, cashew, or coconut)
- 1 handful baby spinach or (any other leafy green)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop of Teami Greens Superfood
- Optional: Plant-based protein powder, preferably Vanilla or Unflavored
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds until smooth/creamy. Enjoy!
Serves 1 (or 2 smaller servings), or make extra to store in an airtight jar for one day.
Smoothies are great for breakfast, lunch or even as a snack. It’s healthy, quick, and refreshing to drink. Another great way to gain a source of nutrients to support the gut and skin health.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.
In Celebrations of Earth Day,
Use Discount Code: TIFFANYEARTHDAY4