Smoothies are gaining in popularity these days. While it maybe simple to prepare and provide nutritional benefits. Living a healthy lifestyle, doesn’t have to be boring. This recipe is perfect to satisfy your sweet cravings, while adding more avocados into your diet. Let’s give it a try!
I love avocados for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I’ve had avocado on toasted Eziekiel bread. I do love guacamole with blue chips. My most favorite time to have avocados is with Arroz con pollo (Rice and chicken), YUMMY! Adding avocados to your diet is both delicious and beneficial.
Health Benefits of Avocados:
- A good source of monounsaturated fats to support heart health (reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels
- Contains more potassium than bananas,
- Half an avocado contains 7 grams of fiber, making up 25% of daily requirements
- plant-based fats provide antioxidants and fight inflammation, which are linked to weight management (weightloss).
- Great for the skin (whether you eat it or make it into a mask)
Having a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t indulge, a little. Don’t deny yourself the chance to have a treat/dessert. I was inspired to try avocados in a smoothie, using my favorites: chocolate protein powder and peanut butter.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE:
Chocolate Avocado Protein Smoothie
A rich and creamy delight, which is totally a guilt-free treat!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 ripe frozen banana (unripe or 1/2 a banana for less sweetness)
- 1 scoop of Plant-based Protein Powder Chocolate flavor (Teami Wellness Protein)
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Optional: 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth/creamy.
Serves 2 smaller servings
Give this one a try! Let me know what you think!
Don’t forget to checkout my other smoothie recipes!
What are some ways you like to enjoy avocados?
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.