These delicious Vegan Chickpea Patties can be served as a quick lunch or dinner.
When I began my health journey over 4 years ago, I was utterly overwhelmed. Health is one of those things that doesn’t come with one formula or method. There is a vast majority of information available. It can be confusing and discouraging, but I’ll be happy to share some tips with you.
I prefer to start simple and experiment with the items currently in your kitchen. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring, especially with the proper seasoning. This recipe is no exception. Chickpeas are legumes that are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in many vegan dishes. It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Since I like chickpeas, I decided to give this recipe a try. Let’s jump into the recipe!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 15-ounce can of chickpeas or a bag of dry chickpeas (soak overnight to soften)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt, if needed
-oil for frying
- optional: 1/2 cup frozen corn
Add all the ingredients (besides the panko bread crumbs and corn) to the food processor. Pulse until combined; keep it a little chunky. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the panko crumbs (& corn, if you prefer). Stir to combine; add salt if needed.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out a considerable amount and form individual patties with your hands. Then place them on the baking sheet. I was able to make about 6-8 patties. Place the patties in the freezer for at least 20 minutes – 1 hour.
In a nonstick pan, heat some oil over medium flame. Take patties out of the freezer (no need to thaw). Add the patties (place as many pattiesthat can fit) into your pan. Brown both sides which should be about 4-5 minutes per side. Repeat this step until all patties are cooked.
To serve, top the patties with lettuce, tomato, and vegan mayo (or any sauce you prefer). You can add some coleslaw or some homemade fries on the plate. This recipe makes about 6-8 servings.
- If you prefer not to cook all the patties, you can store them in the freezer for another day.
- Allow the patties to cook without touching them. The patties will stay together and cook thoroughly.
- Prepare the patties and place them on the baking sheet. Put them in the freezer for one hour. Remove them from the freezer, take out the patties you will use, and place the rest in a freezer-safe container. Proceed to step 3 for cooking directions.
Let me know how these turn out for you if you make them! I’d love to see pictures of your creation using this recipe. Tag me on instagram @_truthandbeautyco so I can see + share!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.
This recipe is revised and adapted from This Savory Vegan
2 thoughts on “Vegan Chickpea Patties : Simple ingredients”
Your pictures look amazing! I want these!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 😊 they taste amazing!